Our inaugural event will be a town hall style fundraiser for the ACLU of Northern California.
Our speaker representing the ACLU will be Shalini Swaroop, Chair of the Community Engagement and Policy Advocacy Committee on the Board of Directors of the ACLU of Northern California. She works as a policy attorney on clean energy and climate change and is a Lecturer at Berkeley Law.
Shalini will be discussing the ACLU's work protecting our civil liberties in the age of Trump, as well as how we can best get involved to help the cause on a volunteer basis. Start thinking of your questions as the meeting will close with a town hall style Q&A.
Our goals for this event are twofold:
- Increase awareness about how we can best protect our civil liberties in the age of Trump.
- Raise money for the ACLU so they can best fight any and every attempt by the Trump administration to limit our civil liberties and constitutional freedoms. All proceeds will go directly the ACLU. We are hoping to raise a minimum of $25,000 for the ACLU at this event.
Can't attend the event? You can make a donation online here.
Though admission is free, because seating is limited this is a ticketed event. Get your tickets here.
Wednesday April 12
The event will start at 7:30 and run approximately 90 minutes
First Unitarian Universalist Church
1187 Franklin Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
- Limited time metered street parking.
- Two hour residential parking around St. Mary's Cathedral.
- Parking lots nearby: Sutter Place Garage (1355-1375 Sutter).